Spin Poker – A slot video poker game
Action Gaming is the author of the first video poker game to combine the spinning reels of a slot machine with the game of draw poker. Spin Poker is just like a slots machine with cards spinning on reels to create 5-card poker hands. The game not only involves luck but also skill, as the player will select which cards to hold on the first spin. This is a like video slot machine, with 5 reels and 9 paying lines. A total of 15 cards will be dealt (or spun), 5 on each of the 3 rows. The paying lines cross the columns connecting 5 cards, each line giving out a payout if its 5 cards complete a qualifying poker.
Spin Poker is available for a set of popular video poker games. Normally the machine will ask you which of the following games you want to play with the Spin Poker theme:
- Jacks or Better
- Bonus Poker
- Double Bonus Poker
- Double Double Bonus Poker
- Deuces Wild
- Joker Poker
- Bonus Poker Deluxe
- Super Aces Bonus
- Super Double Double Bonus
- Deuces Wild Bonus
- Double Bonus Deuces Wild
- White Hot Aces
All the games have a standard pay table as in their normal version. They also can be played with the normal strategy for each game.
Where to Play Spin Poker
Action Gaming came up with the idea of Spin Poker but it was International Game Technology (IGT) that manufactured and distributed the game nationwide. Today, the game can be found in most states that allow gambling. IGT has become one of the top providers of casino slot and video poker games in the world.
The following list shows only a sample of land based casinos, establishments and venues that offer this game:
- Hondah Casino in Pinetop, Arizona
- Southland Park in West Memphis, Arkansas
- Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, California
- Black Oak Casino in Tuolumne, California
- Wildwood Casino in Cripple Creek, Colorado
- Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut
- Norwegian Cruise Line from Miami, Florida
- Hollywood Casino in Aurora, Illinois
- Ameristar in East Chicago, Indiana
- Wild Rose Casino in Emmetsburg, Iowa
- Harrah’s in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Island Resort & Casino in Harris, Michigan
- Treasure Island Resort and Casino in Welch, Minnesota
- Beau Rivage in Biloxi, Mississippi
- Ameristar Casino in Kansas City, Missouri
- Peppermill Hotel & Casino in Reno, Nevada
- Atlantis Casino Resort in Reno, Nevada
- Palazzo Resort, Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Wild Wild West in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Isleta Casino & Resort in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Seneca Allegany Casino in Salamanca, New York
- Remington Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Spirit Mountain Resort & Casino in Willamina, Oregon
- Mount Airy Casino Resort in Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
- Lake of the Torches in Lac Du Flambeau, Wisconsin
- Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. in Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
- McPhillips Street Station in Winnipeg, Canada
How to Play Spin Poker
Spin Poker is an easy game to play. The spinning reels may appear confusing at first but it won’t take long for you to understand the outcome of the game. After selecting the game you want to play, place up to 5 coin bets per each betting line. If you bet the maximum credits per line, that will total 45 coins per spin.
Press the DEAL SPIN button to begin. 5 reels will spin with the cards of a 52 card deck. One card will stop on each reel in the middle. Hold whichever cards you want by applying your normal video poker strategy. Any card you hold will be duplicated to the other 2 rows within the same column of the card you hold. Once you have the cards you want, press the DRAW SPIN button and let the fun begin.
The reels will spin with the remainder cards of the 52-card deck. Each paying line will match 5 cards from the whole array of cards and if a qualifying hand appears, say a pair of Jacks or better, then you will receive a payout according to each game’s pay table.
Below you will see the paytable for a few of the games available in Spin Poker variation.
Jacks or Better Paytable
|Poker Hand||Pay Out|
|Four of a Kind||25|
|Three of a Kind||3|
|Jacks or Better||1|
The Spin Poker variable is Jacks or Better is pretty much the same as a normal video poker machine. The game has a 9/6 Full-Pay paytable which means the Full House has a payout of 9 coins for each coin bet and the Flush 6 coins for a one coin bet. The Royal Flush has a bonus payout for the max 5 coin bet, paying out 4000 coins. A Full-Pay Jacks or Better has a payback rate of 0.995% if played with an optimal video poker strategy.
Joker Poker Paytable
|Poker Hand||Pay Out|
|Natural Royal Flush||500|
|5 of a Kind||100|
|Wild Royal Flush||50|
|Four of a Kind||20|
|Three of a Kind||2|
This is the only game in Spin Poker that uses a 53-card deck. The extra card is a joker which serves as a wild card. The wild card can be replaced for any other card in the deck. When the wild card appears every paying line will turn the joker into the most fitting card for each line. So, the Joker may have a value different in each paying line in order to create the strongest poker hand per line. When the Joker is held on the initial Spin Draw, it will be duplicated on the top and button reel and will participate in every paying line.
Deuces Wild Paytable
|Poker Hand||Pay Out|
|Natural Royal Flush||250|
|4 Deuces plus Ace||400|
|5 3s thru 5s||40|
|5 6s thru Kings||20|
|Royal Flush with Deuce||25|
|4 of a Kind||4|
|Three of a Kind||1|
In this version of Deuces Wild, the pay table subdivides 5-of-a-kinds giving a special value to the Ace card. The game has a 52-card deck although four of its cards, the 2’s, are all wild cards. The lowest paying hand is a three-of-a-kind since the 2’s give the player an advantage when completing poker hands.
More Video Poker Games