This is one of Microgaming progressive video poker games, the other being SupaJax. Jackpot Deuces plays just like a normal Deuces Wild game except for the progressive jackpot that is delivered when a player on max bets gets a Natural Diamond Royal Flush. Microgaming allows this game to be played only in $1 denomination, so that hitting the jackpot is only possible by placing $5 bets each turn. The game uses a 52-card deck that is shuffled after each hand is played. The 2’s or deuces inside the deck are wild cards, which help the player create better poker hands. The deuces can be substituted by any other card in the deck (suit and/or rank). The machine will determine what value is best given to the deuce in order to get the highest paying poker combination.
The progressive jackpot is shared by all Microgaming casinos. Every time a player places a full bet on the game it takes a percentage of this bet to increase the progressive pot. Throughout its history there have been many lucky winners. The jackpot has an average hit every $29,000 approximately. Here’s a sample list of some of the winners in previous years:
- Asif B. won $51,613.37 on August 8th, 2004
- Candia S. won $18,050.91 on May 10, 2004
- Christa J. won $11,510.64 on October 16h, 2004
- Deborah F. won $17,554.28 on February 2, 2004
- Elaine C. won $23,254.82 on August 18th, 2002
- Ellen P. won $25,912.11 on February 20th, 2004
- Evette C. won $26,346.46 on March 3rd, 2003
- Fran C. won $4,717.86 on December 26, 2003
- Frank S. won $35,949 on February 16th, 2005
- Jane S. won $34,434.02 on January 25, 2004
- Janet P. won $23,241.03 on April 17th, 2004
- Jean B. won $67,431.67 on October 9th, 2003
- Jennifer B. won $25,632.37 on July 21h, 2004
- Joey R., won $60,796.69 on April 21st, 2002
- John B. won $16,859.64 on June 7, 2003
- Karon N. won $18,921.17 on September 19th, 2004
- Keith B. won $22,847.56 on April 27th, 2002
- Marc R. won $10,881.69 on November 26, 2004
- Michael C. won $31,776.64 on April 1, 2005
- Michelle P. won $67,396.10 on October 27th, 2003
- Nancy B . won $25,291.53 on June 30, 2004
- Samuel S. won $19,085.32 on September 30th, 2002
- Spencer E. won $43,739.13 on June 17th, 2003
- Timothy K. won $25,905.60 on July 1st, 2005
- Tracie K. won $37,480.78 on July 1st, 2003
The player must remember that the chances of getting a Diamond Royal Flush without Deuces is likely to come once out of 649,739 hands played.
How to Play Jackpot Deuces
As with any standard online video poker game you must first make a deposit into the casino before you begin playing. Once you have a positive balance at the casino you may click on the Video Poker tab under the game section to find Jackpot Deuces. Once inside the game you can set how many bets you want to place per hand (only single-hand version is available for this game), but you cannot modify the denomination. All bets are made in $1 denomination. Remember that if you are playing for the progressive jackpot a max bet of 5 credits is necessary.
To begin the game press or click on the Deal button. The machine will deal 5 cards face-up to you. You can hold the cards y clicking on them. Once you have kept the cards you want, press the Draw button to receive new cards from the deck for the cards you have decided to discard. If a qualifying poker hand is completed, a payout will be made according to the Jackpot Deuces pay schedule:
|Poker Hands||Coin 1||Coin 2||Coin 3||Coin 4||Coin 5|
|Diamond Royal Flush||300||600||900||1200||Progressive Jackpot|
|Natural Royal Flush||300||600||900||1200||4000|
|Deuces Royal Flush||25||50||75||100||125|
|5 of a Kind||15||30||45||60||75|
|4 of a Kind||4||8||12||16||20|
|3 of a Kind||1||2||3||4||5|
Notice that the Natural Royal Flush for clubs, spades and hearts will pay the common bonus payout of 4,000 coins on max bet. The Diamond Royal Flush will pay exactly like the other Royal Flushes on all coin bets except on 5-coin bets.
Microgaming has interesting features to help you analyze your hand as you play. If you turn your video poker window into “expert mode” you will have an analyzer tool you can consult at any time. According to the cards you have been dealt the analyzer will provide you with the odds and probabilities of getting any of the paying poker hands in each combination of cards you can hold. The Microgaming software will also allow for you to enable or disable the “auto hold” feature that holds cards automatically based on the system’s poker strategy. This is optional and not highly recommended as we’ve seen the auto hold feature does not always follow the optimal video poker strategy.
Another feature that is optional is the Optimal Play Hint dialogue which you can activate in the options menu. With this feature enabled you will get a pop up window when your choice of cards held is not the most optimal. This feature we highly recommend when you play so you can get the best payback rates for Jackpot Deuces.
More Video Poker Games